Oct 8, 2018


Article #6 in a Series >>>>>  Departments and Offices of the Minneapolis Public Schools  >>>>>  Office of the General Counsel
 

As I complete the advanced final draft of my new book, Understanding the Minneapolis Public Schools:  Current Condition, Future Prospect, I am conducting a final review for updating mission statements and staff composition.  I have in the last days and weeks listed and made comments on many offices and departments, with an emphasis on staff members and effectiveness.  In the current series of articles I will be emphasizing departmental function and mission statements, but I will give staff listing updates as I deem useful to my readers and will give staff composition in cases for which I have not previously done so.

 

The Minneapolis Public Schools Office of the General Counsel is led by Amy Moore.  Moore and staff handle the legal affairs of the Minneapolis Public Schools, including issues pertinent to compliance with state and federal mandates, expulsions and transfers, special education, and civil rights.  Policy issues for which the legal staff have responsibility include those relating to community relations, administration, business, personnel, students, teaching and learning, facilities, and the Board of Education.

 

Staff Members in the Office of the General Counsel are as follows:

 

Amy Moore, General Counsel

 

Kim Buechel Mesun, Assistant General Counsel,

Manager Special Education

Monitoring and Compliance Team

 

Angie Flowers, Assistant General Counsel

 

Nan Miller, Policy Development

 

Francisco Gonzalez, Office of Equality and Rights

No comments:

Post a Comment