Nov 18, 2019

>Journal of the K-12 Revolution: Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota<, Vol. VI, No. 1, July 2019 >>>>> Article #1

Article #1
 

Introductory Comments:

 

Academic Program of the

Minneapolis Public Schools

 

In this July 2019 edition, commencing the sixth volume of Journal of the K-12 Revolution:  Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota, I give an entirely objective account of the academic program now abiding at the Minneapolis Public Schools.  Subsequent issues in late summer and autumn 2019 will also lean heavily toward objective information, much as appears in Part I:  Facts, of my new book, Understanding the Minneapolis Public School:  Current Condition, Future Prospect.  There will be a modicum of subjective evaluation in some of these issues of the journal, but for fuller accounts of my own views, I direct readers to my blog at http://www.newsalemeducation.blogspot.com and to the book, most of which I have entered on the blog.

 

In issues running through November 2019, I will successively following this issue present objective information on the academic training of MPS academic decision-makers;  MPS school profiles;  the MPS Board of Education;  and MPS associate superintendents.  As in the book, an ongoing motive of mine is to provide readers with an abundance of objective information for informing their own views of the effectiveness of the Minneapolis Public Schools in fulfilling the main responsibility of the locally centralized school district to provide knowledge-intensive, skill-replete education to students in grades preK through twelve.  Readers will then be in a position to assess my own analyses and presentation of educational philosophy and history, in the book and in the 1200 articles found on my blog.

 

The better informed are my readers, the better positioned they will be in their own advocacy for change in pre-K-12 education.

 

Please proceed now to the articles in this edition of Journal of the K-12 Revolution:  Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota, for a bevy of information provided in service of the given purpose.   

No comments:

Post a Comment