Nov 18, 2019

>Journal of the K-12 Revolution: Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota<, Vol. VI, No. 4, October 2019 >>>>> Article #1


Article #1

                        

Introduction Comments:

 

Factual Matters Pertinent

to the

Minneapolis Public Schools

Board of Education

               

In this edition of Journal of the K-12 Revolution:  Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota I give factual information pertaining to the Minneapolis Pubic Schools (MPS) Board of Education.  My approach in this Vol. VI, No. 4, October 2019 edition is consistent with that I have taken in the first three editions of Volume VI of the journal.  In these first editions of the current volume I am endeavoring to give readers a factual basis for evaluating the inner workings of the locally centralized school district of the Minneapolis Public Schools, much as I do in Part I:  Facts in my book, Understanding the Minneapolis Public Schools:  Current condition, Future Prospect.  In Part II, Analysis and Part III: Philosophy of the book, I provide my own analysis and suggest the way to the provision of a knowledge-intensive, skill-replete education of excellence.  Articles containing fact, analysis, and philosophy are also found abundantly on my blog, on my television show, and in my various venues of oral communication, at meetings of the MPS Board of Education and in my many public appearances.

 

The objective of giving my readers information is enormously important.  While many people have views on public education, very few of these views are well informed as to the inner workings of locally centralized school districts, of which MPS is a salient example.  Radical change in preK-12 education will only come when enough people understand how the locally centralized school district, where most of our young people matriculate and graduate---  and will do so in the future---  to call for the right change and work to achieve the needed overhaul of the pertinent processes.

 

Thus, while in the sources given above you can find my own views in abundance, I entreat my readers to think keenly about the information presented in this and other volumes of the journal.  What do you see as promising?  Where are the potential difficulties?  What are the changes that we neede to make?  Full answers to these may only come in my artic les of opinion, analysis, and philosophy.  Many of the problems take quite a bit of time in research, observation, and analysis---  the amount of time and thought that I have expended.  But in giving my readers the material for their own critical analysis I aim to prepare them with the information base and the opportunity to ponder that will best serve the processes of activism for change.

 

Understanding that stated objective, please now consider the facts pertinent to the Minneapolis Public Schools Board of Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment