Sep 7, 2018

To Beloved Son Ryan Davison-Reed at the Occasion of My 67th Birthday>>>>> Midweek Missive, Volume XII, Number #2, 500th Missive Dating to August 2007

September 7, 2018

 

                                                                               

My Beloved Ryan---

 

Happy Birthday to me.

Serendipity >>>>>    This is Midweek Missive Number Five- Hundred.    >>>>>    Mysticism as powerful adjunct to relentless rationality affirmed.
 


In the context of my personal fascination with and very definite items of numerology, I have a favorable inclination toward the number 67.

 

The year 1967 was, to work an innovation upon Dickens and change his references a bit from best and worst of times,  to wonderful and terrible:  Sergeant Pepper;  civil rights, anti-war, and feminist movements in full swing, fair employment and housing legislation in gestation with imminent manifestation---  and even in the terrible aspects, riots in major cities Northeast and West and also along Plymouth Avenue in North Minneapolis, signs of the pot coming off the lid of the police state and indications of a powerful dialectic unfolding.

 

And then, I just have a mystical attachment to some numbers, reinforced by tangible events such as the above.  I like numbers that end in five, so I was favorably inclined toward “65” and “66” will always be cool because of the Route;  but for many moons the number “67” has seemed a more solid juncture at which to inquire into Medicare and observe other formalities pertinent to this life stage.

 

I feel so fortunate that from the age of 15 I have consciously pursued a very intentional routine and from that time have persistently sought physical improvement.  In numerous ways, that routine is now peeking at efficiency and effectiveness, with both muscle toning and aerobic exercises honed and raised to a highly productive level;  and a diet heavy on vegetables, fruits, nuts and fiber standing me in excellent steads of digestion and energy.

 

At 67, I can honestly say that while I have had to overcome behavioral challenges of environment and upbringing, I have also had many advantages from that same environment and upbringing that have induced me all along the way to attempt to live life at the moral heights.

 

And having people such as Marvin “Make that Decision” Davison, Betty “Pillar of Courage” Davison, Marguerite “Towering Presence” Geer, Myron “Authentic Intellectual and Inimitable Red Rooster”
Reed, Frances   “Power of Love” Jeannette Nabors Reed, Dennis “Paragon of Humorous Incisiveness” Weltman,  Gloria “Extraordinary Integrity and Dedication” Eubanks, Barbara “The Very Sweetest” Reed, and Ryan “Amazing Gift and Proof of Divinity” Davison-Reed in my life is evidence that I am a profoundly blessed person with a mandate and responsibility to do what I do.

 

So Happy Birthday to me.   

 

……………………………………………………………………………………

 

The K-12 Revolution is powerfully moving forward, with the peak in sight:

 

The palace is pierced, the guards have been won to the cause and await the signal, the Royalists are squirming, I’m at my heights as a teacher with a new student candidate for best in career, academic journal & two books in the offing & a 750-article blog & a television show of ever increasing fluidity and power & a public oratorical presence feared and respected & a bevy of daily reading undergirding the Revolution with a nonpareil information base.

 

Gandhi motions “Namaste.”

 

Mao smiles from the Caves of Yanan.

 

Ida B. & Malcolm and Steinem demand Truth to Power.

 

Happy Birthday to me.

 

…………………………………………………………………………

 

Conversation looms---

 

 

I love you so very much, My Dear Son---


Gary




No comments:

Post a Comment