Nov 5, 2016

Scroll on Down to The Next Several Articles Pertinent to the 8 November Referendum of the Minneapolis Public Schools--- On Which I Firmly Recommend a "No" Vote

Beginning on 18 October 2016, I launched a series of articles loaded with information from my current collection of data on the inner workings of the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS). 


I have keenly observed operations of this school district for many years, heightening my attention over the course of these last 28 months, beginning in June 2014.  During this period, I have generally been first up to make Public Comments at meetings of the MPS Board of Education, typically on the second Tuesday each month.  I attended all major events in the protracted, two-phase, 21-month superintendent search that ultimately ended in the selection of an undistinguished candidate, Ed Graff---  whose Anchorage, Alaska, school district opted not to renew his contract in spring 2016.


At the same time I began to intensify my attendance at MPS events, I launched an academic journal,
Journal of the K-12 Revolution:  Essays and Research from Minneapolis Public Schools;   and a television show (The K-12 Revolution with Dr. Gary Marvin Davison) that appears every Wednesday on MTN Channel 17 in Minneapolis.  Via these venues and in my public appearances, I discuss my findings from the meticulous research that I have been conducting on the inner workings of the Minneapolis Public Schools.


This is the research that undergirds my recommendation for the "No" vote on the referendum of 8 November 2016 (this coming election day Tuesday as I tap out this article).


In the articles below, you will find hard data and information on the low level of student academic achievement, the insufficient efforts of the Office of Black Male Achievement, the lack of a well-coordinated and cohesive tutoring strategy and program, ineffective and underfunded outreach to struggling students and families, the lack of strong academic credentials among MPS central office administrators, the bloated bureaucracy at the Davis Center (housing the central offices of MPS), the jargon-infested Acceleration 2020 Strategic Plan and Educational Equity Framework    
documents that offer no specific strategies for academic improvement, and the lack of philosophical direction or any viable plan for implementing knowledge-intensive curriculum and the teacher training that would be necessary to implement such a curriculum.


I have begun to realize that my large data collection and extensive commentary are leading to another book, so that you are getting a preview for that book as you scroll on down the blog.  For now, what you are receiving is powerful evidence for voting "No" on the 8 November referendum. 


No candidate or policy slated to function at the national or state level of governance will make as much difference in the quality of K-12 education as you will make by taking action at the local level.  In the United States, we say that we want local control, and the locally centralized school district---  in this case, the Minneapolis Public Schools---  is indeed the locus for all of the most important policies and administrative structures that forever affect the lives of our precious young people.


So deliver a message at the local level.


Say that you strongly disapprove of the situation that I summarize above and discuss in detail in the articles as you scroll on down this blog.


Please now read those articles as you scroll down my blog, then     >>>>>




>>>>>     "Vote No" on the Minneapolis Public Schools referendum this coming Tuesday, 8 November.

2 comments:

  1. What arrogant drivel. "Scholars" need not have all sorts of fancy letters behind their names. Effective people understand other people, work cooperatively with other people, engage with other people in ways that bring out their best. Do you do any of these things, or are you just an angry lone voice in the wilderness of your own making?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please read the 300-plus articles on my blog and tune into my television show at 6:00 PM every Wednesday, MTN Channel 17. You'd also be welcome to attend any of the 17 academic sessions I run during my seven-day weeks, imparting both basic skill and college preparatory instruction to my students--- followed by conversations with family members of my students, rendering counsel and resource referral as necessary.

    ReplyDelete