Jul 7, 2017

Before You Scroll on Down to the Articles on Shakespeare in the New Salem Educational Initiative, Be Aware of the Impending Fates of Ed Graff and Rebecca Gagnon

For those of you who at least pretend that you care about K-12 education, consider my many articles in which I stress the need for activism at the local level, and be aware that next Tuesday, 11 July, I will be as usual first up for Public Comments at the monthly meeting of the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) Board of Education.  If you care enough to attend, know that this meeting is held in the first-floor largest assembly room at the Davis Center, headquarters for MPS central offices, located at 1250 West Broadway in North Minneapolis.


As I move very close to the conclusion of Understanding the Minneapolis Public Schools:  Current Condition, Future Prospect, I am going to be lowering the boom on Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) Superintendent Ed Graff and MPS Board of Education Chair Rebecca Gagnon.  In the run-up to the publication of my meticulous collection of data and incisive analysis, I will be utilizing every venue (my television show, blog, numerous publications) as important for exposing the lamentable records and abiding hypocrisy of these two. 


I had been trending a bit more positive on Graff, given some adroit moves he has made in dismissing Chief Academic Officer Susanne Griffin and Teaching and Learning Executive Director Macarre Traynham;  his elevation of the roles of Michael Thomas and Eric Moore;  and his nixing of the Departments of Teaching and Learning, Communications, and Student/Family/Community Engagement.


But recent observation adds to evidence accumulated since the beginning of the Graff tenure one year ago that the new superintendent is given to limiting public discussion and making evasive, prevaricating answers when under close questioning.


Note to Graff:  Give me a call, understanding that I do not accept the intercession of administrative assistants, if you want to have a chance of improving your review at my behest.




Note to Gagnon:  You have no hope of improving my review of your irresponsible tenure as a member of the Minneapolis Public Schools Board of Education.


The day of reckoning quickly approaches for these two and the many other culpable parties in the morass that is K-12 public education.


So, my readers, be aware of next Tuesday's 11 July, 5:30 PM meeting, and all opportunities for activism at the level of the locally centralized school district where any meaningful change will happen.


Be conscious of the impending professional and public participatory doom of Graff and Gagnon.


And then proceed to the next two articles of relevance to the importance of William Shakespeare to my students in the New Salem Educational Initiative.





No comments:

Post a Comment