Oct 6, 2021

Article #1 >>>>> >Journal of the K-12 Revolution: Essays and Research from Minneapolis, Minnesota<, Volume VIII, Number 4, October 2021

 

Article #1

 

Exchanges with Myron Medcalf

 

Very similarly to the case of Anthony Lonetree, who I have called out in a previous edition of this journal, two Star Tribune columnists---  Myron Medcalf and Lee Schafer— responded contentiously to my emails.

 

Very tellingly, when I included in our exchanges mention that their comments would find their way into my blog and other writing, their adversarial replies and replies of any sort ceased.

 

They are cowards who did not not know the hornet’s  nest into which they would be walking by taking me on.

 

And inas much as they are copied now to all of my substantive emails pointing out the actual vexations of K-12 education, containing abundant of factual information along with incisive analysis, these journalistic mediocrities give no indication of interest.

 

Anthony Lonetree, Myron Medcalf, and Lee Schafer are more concerned about offense to their own egos than they are to the fate of our children.

 

The exchange that I had with Myron Medcalf is given below  >>>>>

 

Exchanges with Myron Medcalf

 

August 29, 2021

 

Myron---

 

The abuses of history are abominable, but the more significant story in year 2021 is the academic abuse perpetrated daily by the schools of Minneapolis, St. Paul, and those in the indigenous out-state communities.

 

Your cowardly and non-incisive journalism recalls that of Mara Klecker, Anthony Lonetree, and Erin Golden---

 

With best wishes---

 

Gary

 

Gary Marvin Davison, Ph.D.

Director, New Salem Educational Initiative

2507 Bryant Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55411

(Cell) 507-301-9902

http://www.newsalemeducation.blogspot.com

 

Great to meet you, too.

 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get 
Outlook for Android


From: Gary Davison <garymarvindavison@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 29, 2021 6:00:09 PM
To: Myron.Medcalf <
myron.medcalf@startribune.com>
Cc: Klecker, Mara <
Mara.Klecker@startribune.com>; Golden, Erin <Erin.Golden@startribune.com>; Lonetree, Anthony <Anthony.Lonetree@startribune.com>; Humphrey, Katie <Katie.Humphrey@startribune.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] A courageous journalist would focus on the academic abuse of Minneapolis Public Schools students---- and of students in the schools at Red Lake and other Native communities---

 

……………………………………………………………………

 

I don't know if this is intended for me or not, but you're not gonna bully me into anything. I don't rock like that. You talk as if you want someone to write about a subject that's important to you, but then you also talk like someone who thinks they can push people around. Well, I have news for you. I'm not the one.

 

Now, if you want to have a real conversation, let me know. But I'll never respond to this nonsense and I'll meet this tenor of dialogue with the same energy I received it. Have a good day.

 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get 
Outlook for Android

 


From: Gary Davison <garymarvindavison@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021, 11:06 AM
To: Myron.Medcalf

No comments:

Post a Comment