Apr 17, 2011

A Note to My Readers After a Month of Daily Written Output

I want to thank all of you who have read my articles with regularity since I began writing essentially every day from mid-March 2011 to the present juncture at mid-April 2011. I see from the statistics that are available to me on my readership that during this span of time I have had readers from across the globe, including not only the United States and Canada, but also from Russia, China, India, and a number of other countries in East and Southeast Asia.

I also want you to know that I am temporarily slowing the pace of my written output as I shift more of my energies to facets of the overall effort to get the message out about the need for a revolution in K-12 education in the United States and the specifics of the revolutiion that is needed. Even during this time of a relatively slower pace, I will be writing additional articles from time to time, and at a certain point I will resume the pace that you have witnessed over the course of the last several weeks.

It has become clear to me that what I have written thus far represents a very substantive start on a book that will be directly drawn from these and future articles. So keep reading, and when you feel so moved let me know your thoughts, either on the blog itself or at the email address listed on the New Salem Educational Initiative website.

Together those of us who show the necessary dedication and staying power will put in place the kind of intellectual underpinning and move forward with the kind of on-the-ground activity necessary to transform K-12 education, and thus to make the United States a true democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment