Dec 14, 2018

Intellectual Gnat Bob Walser Unwisely Flits My Way Again

Recall my account of my confrontation with Bob Walser in an article from last week, at which you'll arrive very soon if you scroll on down this blog.

 

The guy is a pest, a nasty gnat that goes away only after numerous swats.

 

At the beginning of the MPS Board of Education meeting this past Tuesday, 11 December, Walser caught my eye and gave me a smile of not very clear intent.  The smile could have been interpreted as an attempt to be friendly or to signal no hard feelings.  What Walser apparently is digesting only with great difficulty, is that while I wish him all good events in his personal and familial life, I loathe his presence on the school board and regard him as the silliest, most intellectually trivial and yet with regard to the advancement of excellent education the most harmful presence I have ever witnessed in the pertinent position.  So I remained impassive and conveyed in my expression the disgust that I have for him.

 

I gave my Public Comments focused on the futility of all programmatic federal and state initiatives (currently the federal Every Student Succeeds Act and the State of Minnesota North Star Accountability System) and the similar lack of favorable prospects for the MPS Comprehensive District Design and the key MPS foci of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), Multi-Tiered System of Support, Literacy imparted via the Benchmark Reading Curriculum, and Equity (the latter of which will not occur because of the inadequacy of the other three points of the Superintendent Ed Graff program).

 

Then at 6:15 PM I headed to New Salem for two hours to run the Tuesday night program, so as to heal the young people that MPS academically abuses during regular school hours, and to give students rides home. 

 

I returned to the board meeting at 8:25 PM to endure a scattered and contentious discussion of board values that went nowhere because none of the board members has any comprehension of the key values that should abide in the impartation of a knowledge-intensive, skill-replete education.  Several times I met Walser’s eyes and stared him down every time.

 

After the meeting I went over to talk with the highly adept MPS Chief Finance Officer Ibrahima Diop.

In a real headscratcher, Walser came up and intruded on our conversation, in the same manner as this wispy pest did last week as Sharon El-Amin and I were conversing at the end of the MPS Finance Committee meeting.  I turned on him and said that he needed to wait until Mr. Diop and I were finished with our conversation.  He sweetly purred that he actually wanted to talk to me and had a gift for me.  What he was up to in this I did not have any interest in discovering.   So I looked him right through his eyes and said. “Will you back off?”  Diop, an administrator rather than a revolutionary activist, grimaced.  But Walser did in fact retreat.  I wished Mr. Diop a happy holiday---  which at least in regard to his Islamic faith, will not focus upon Kwanzaa (see the Ira Jourdain idiocy above)---   then greeted a few others and departed the assembly room.      

 

I have challenged Walser to a debate in a public forum, under formal rules of disputation, as to the history and philosophy of education.  He has declined, knowing that this would expose the facile views that he is intent on inflicting on anyone who must endure his periodic ramblings at school board meetings.

 

 But that is the only setting in which I want to have any interaction with him.

 

I will have to endure this intellectual gnat at the meetings until such time as he should blessedly just flit away.

 

Henceforth, he must know that as a leftist revolutionary I have little use for his hippy-dippy white liberal intellectual venom---

 

and that he would best keep his distance while I am conversing with those who tower mentally and morally above him.

No comments:

Post a Comment