Mar 20, 2011

Bulletin: Many Articles Coming Soon from Blogger Gary Marvin Davison

This is just a short note to all of those interested in public education to be attentive to the fact that I am going to be making many entries in the coming days. I will be using this site much more actively now to convey my perspectives on the education of young people at levels K-12 of school enrollment, relating the successful experiences of students attending sessions of the New Salem Educational Initiative. This blog will present my experiences as director and instructor of the Initiative, and those garnered over 40 years as a teacher of young people in the inner city. As I relate these experiences, I will at the same time clearly be advancing a model for bridging the achievement gap and offering to young people from challenging economic and community circumstances the same quality of education associated with well-regarded suburban and private schools.

I look forward to responses from my readers as we work together toward the creation of a viable system for successfully educating young people of the inner city.

No comments:

Post a Comment